Austrian Society for European Politics
The Austrian Society for European Politics (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Europapolitik/ ÖGfE) aims to promote and support information activities on European affairs in Austria. Based in Vienna, the Society is a non-governmental and non-partisan platform mainly constituted by the Austrian Social Partners and founded in 1991 at the initiative of Peter Jankowitsch, former Secretary of State for European integration. Since that time the ÖGfE keeps expanding its range of activity and has accompanied the central steps of the European integration process, inter alia Austria’s EU accession, the introduction of the Euro as a common currency, enlargement towards our central and eastern European neighbours, the Austrian Council Presidencies in 1998 and 2006, the ratification process of the Lisbon Treaty and the European elections.
Our guiding principle, thereby, is to communicate directly and maintain close contact to the citizens as central stakeholders of European integration.
Focal points and activities
- Public opinion surveys – attitude of the Austrian citizens regarding EU issues
- Comparative analysis on current EU topics
- Public relations: Focus on new media (web 2.0. – social networks)
- Public panel discussions
- EU seminars for opinion leaders (e.g. teachers, media)
- EU information for specific target groups (e.g. pupils)
- Information/publications (touring exhibitions, Policy Briefs, brochures, leaflets)
- Website: www.oegfe.at
Financed and formed by
Management and Team
Please see the german section of our homepage: About us – Team
To get back to the english section, please use the flag-button at the top of the browser window or the browser back button.
For a short summary please download the English version of our factsheet.